Monday, March 26, 2007

an Update (quickly because I have uber many papers to write)

Ok, so scratch the thought that I'm going to Alberta for my field school.

My archaeology prof emailed the class last Friday saying that SFU has a field school (which they don't usually open to non-SFU students) that just had two people drop out of. All of a sudden they were desperately looking for people to fill the spots. I checked out their website and the course looked amazing. Three months, one in the classroom at SFU, two in the field, on the Harrison river. Wow. U of A was only six weeks.

I emailed the prof to get info on how to apply and through an exchange of emails over the weekend, in addition to a phone call on Sunday, she accepted me to the program!

I will therefore be staying in Vancouver for a month this summer, starting the first week of May! I'll be staying with Jenya so all of you Vancouver kids better want to hang out lots!

Anyway, I can't write more because I have to keep working on my PowerPoint slides for a presentation on Wednesday. Wish me luck...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Best of both worlds. Congrats!

-Ken

Anonymous said...

yay yay yay. everyone wins. especially me.

k

Anonymous said...

Hey Vanessa
That sounds great. Good luck with it!
michelle