Sunday, February 18, 2007

give me a minute and i'll be humming

It's 10:45 in the morning, I officially had 4 hours of sleep last night, I'm already on my second soup-bowl-sized cup of coffee, and I can feel the shakes coming on as we speak. It always tripps me out how fast drugs affect me: I'm a lightweight when it comes to alcohol, give me something like an antihistamine and I'm out cold in about half an hour, and give me more than one cup of coffee in a day and I start vibrating, can't concentrate and get kind of sketched out.

... oh and I get rather distracted. You can't tell but I just spent the last 15 mintues checking out CBC Radio 3 instead of writing this post. It's probably a really good thing that today seems to be a very slow day at work. I have officially had three people come into the office and no phone calls at all.

Anyway, last night was a very enjoyable evening spent with Harmony, Starr, Ryan, Jake and a bunch of randoms at Steamers for the Seven Year Old Poets' CD release party where Ryan's band Mujeres was one of the opening acts. Very good show. Only problem is, get me around musicians and I remember how much I like them. Damn. They're all so hot. Can I have one? Pretty please?

Also, I really want to be in a band. Very very badly. So I guess I'd better actually start practising. Anyone got some keys they want to lend/give me? Actually I might pick up the bass again. Slowly. In between papers...

Someday I'll get there.

No comments: