Saturday, December 09, 2006

I'm sitting at work and trying my best to put off picking up the phone. My job today entails having to phone everyone on our waitlist for slips and informing them that they now will have to pay an annual $120 fee for remaining on the waitlist. As you can well imagine, people aren't happy. I even had someone tell me that my job was going to be replaced by an automated phone system the other day. I think the reasoning was that the marina was going to start charging people too much and so we wouldn't have anymore customers and therefore they wouldn't be able to pay me. Anyway, as I'm not too fond of getting yelled at I'm kinda dreading what's to come.

Sigh.

People can be so angry. Especially at this time of year. It's such as high stress time for so many people, which is really sad because we're supposed to be full of good will towards men. There's money worries, stress about relatives coming to visit, the fact that the clock is slowly ticking away and there's not that many days to shop now, and then of course there's exams too. You get this weird split-emotion thing going on. One side is feeling all merry and the other just wants it all to be over, or at least everyone else to get out of the way. We all just need to relax.

And on that note - does some time next week work for mulled wine and chestnuts? Or maybe going to the rec center and sitting in the hot tub and sauna. Or both?

Ideas? Thoughts?

3 comments:

immutabler said...

I'm happy all the time. But then I got to go to an ugly christmas sweater party yesterday. It really put everything in perspective.

I assume that I am still the only one with a fire place and the only day that I can do anything fun is wednesday evening, before 10:00.

Does that work for all y'all?

vkb said...

You are so on! wednesday evening, before 10. I'll bring a bottle of wine and spices... Natalie will bring chestnuts.. other people can bring more wine if we want more than one bottle.. or eggnog... or whatever... maybe I'll bring cookies too or something. Cuz I'll be DONE!!!

slow low flying turkey said...

NO IT DOESN't work for all us'all.

jerks always going on about yer potlucks.

um, also, i think my potluck has been transferred to the monday. does that work for everyone?